Shared Social Responsibility Conference
'SHARED SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY: Securing Trust & Sustainable Social Cohesion In Context Of Transition'
Brussels, European Commission
The Council of Europe - in partnership with the European Commission - is organising this conference on 28 February and 1 March 2011 in Brussels, Belgium. During this event, a "European charter on shared social responsibilities" will be presented and discussed before drawing up its final version.
The event is open to public authorities, researchers, NGOs, civil society, etc., and its aim is to give a thoroughly European focus to our reflection on the question of responsibilities in forging the future of our designs for democracy, social justice, poverty alleviation, sustainability and communal living.
The programme includes workshops and conferences dealing with topics as:
- The transformations in Europe: social cohesion and shared responsibility, key factors in creating vision and rebuilding confidence in the future;
- The need for a concept of shared social responsibility: prospects and obstacles;
- Mobilising citizens and stake-holders through and for shared responsibilities;
- The challenges to placing shared responsibility at the heart of the political agenda;
- Organising ourselves to achieve the objective of well-being for all.
The registration process will close on Monday, February 21, 2011. The participation to the Conference is free of charge, and simultaneous interpretation English-French will be available.
Date: 28 February 2011 - 1st March 2011
Brussels, European Commission, Borschette Centre, (Seminar)
Brussels, European Commission, Building Charlemagne, Room Gasperi, (Conference)
Please use the following for more contact information:
Social Cohesion Development and Research Division - DG III - Social Cohesion - Council of Europe
F: 67075 Strasbourg Cedex
T: +33 (0)3 88 41 37 46
M: +33 (0)3 88 41 27 18